Counselors and staff for the 2017 TASIS Summer Programs arrived last week and, after several busy (and sweltering) days of preparing for the first session’s Opening Day, had a chance to relax on the Villa De Nobili Terrace Friday evening for the annual Staff Talent Show. As always, there was an incredible amount of talent on display, and highlights from the show can be viewed in the clip below.
Boarding students from all divisions—Le Château des Enfants (CDE), which comprises ages 4½–10 with the option to board beginning at age six; the Middle School Program (MSP), ages 11–13; and the TASIS Summer Program (TSP), ages 14–18—arrived throughout the day on Saturday, June 24, and they were joined by day students two days later.
Academic classes and a wide range of sports and activities began in earnest on Monday morning, and the evening was capped off by the session’s first Cultural Event in the Palestra. Members of the Dedicated Performing Arts Team (DPAT) entertained boarding students in all three divisions with many of the performances they had shared with counselors and staff just two nights earlier. Highlights can be viewed below.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday brought some intense but sporadic showers that provided much-needed relief from an extended heat wave, and students began to settle into their regular routines of taking classes in the morning, participating in activity tracks in the afternoon, and enjoying structured activities with friends in the evening.
On Wednesday, CDE students visited L'Ideatorio’s "Piccolo, grande e vivo!" exhibit in Castagnola, and MSP students enjoyed a series of day trips—including a cooking class in Milan, an outing at Splash & Spa, and an adventure on Monte Generoso. TSP students will depart for weekend trips to Venice, Florence, and Basel on Friday morning.
To keep an eye on the frenetic action here at TASIS throughout the summer, the following options are available:
- Visit tasis.ch/smugmug to see lots of photo galleries and order prints.
- Follow tasis.ch/instagram to see some of our best photos and short videos.
- Add tasis.ch/snapchat as a friend to see frequent snapshots of life at TASIS.
- Like tasis.ch/facebook to see video clips, links to photo galleries, and more.
- Subscribe to tasis.ch/youtube to see lots of great TASIS videos and receive updates about new videos and scheduled live-streams.
- Follow tasis.ch/twitter to keep up with life at TASIS and beyond.
- Check out tasis.ch/roads to see short interviews with members of the TASIS community.
- Bookmark the Multimedia page on the TASIS Summer Programs website to see an aggregation of much of the content mentioned above.