The Postgraduate Year at TASIS is a challenging educational experience for high school graduates who would like to experience an interim year in Europe before going on to college.
The TASIS PG Year, established in 1965, enrolls select students who wish to participate in a unique educational opportunity that draws on the academic strengths of TASIS and the cultural resources of Europe.
Who benefits most from a challenging Postgraduate Year in Europe?
- Students who have already been accepted to their first-choice college but wish to spend an interim year studying European culture in a curriculum that includes first-hand experience with languages and the liberal arts
- Students who have been accepted to college but want to strengthen their academic profile to improve their candidacy for more competitive colleges, or students who did not realize their academic potential in high school and need an additional year of challenging college preparatory work in order to qualify for their selected university
- Students who wish to study a year of intensive English as an Additional Language in an international, English-speaking environment before entering university either in their home country or the United States
- Students who have started the two-year International Baccalaureate curriculum in their 12th grade year and wish to attend TASIS for an additional year to qualify for the International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Younger high school graduates who would benefit from an extra year to mature and gain self-confidence before going to college
- Students who wish to gain a broader, international perspective to compete successfully in the global marketplace
The asset of the Postgraduate Year is having Europe as a campus. Located in Montagnola, ten minutes from the center of Lugano, TASIS is in the very heart of Europe. The Italian-speaking Canton of Ticino is the only Swiss Canton south of the Alps and, like Switzerland itself, is uniquely cosmopolitan. Its largest town, Lugano, center of Swiss University USI, is a famous resort city of 60,000 people and a notable crossroads of European cultures. The surrounding landscape is magnificent, with breathtaking views of mountains and lakes and charming hillside villages.
Interested in our Postgraduate Program?
Contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.