TASIS Parent Association (TPA)
Current parents are members of the TASIS Parent Association (TPA).
Contact: email@example.com for more information.
The TPA is committed to building a strong school community by
- fostering a spirit of inclusion and cooperation within the school community.
- promoting open communication between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
- connecting the community through social events to make all families feel welcome.
- enhancing the school environment through fundraising activities.
Run by parent volunteers, the TPA works closely with the TASIS administrative team to coordinate key programs and events throughout the year.
TPA Executive Committee:
- President: Laura Colombo
- Vice President: Muriel Aciman
- Secretary: open position
- Treasurer: Lorenza Fiori
TPA Board Members:
- Room Parent Coordinator: Brunella Pignaton
- ES PSC: Anne Riis
- MS PSC: Irina Svetlova
- HS PSC: Muriel Aciman
The TPA Executive Committee and TPA Board Members work together as the TPA Executive Board.
TPA Organizing Committee Members:
- Opening Day Coordinator: Laura Colombo
- Community Life Coordinators: Vittoria Cannavale, Francesca Varano
- Teacher Appreciation Coordinator: Muriel Aciman
- ES Used Uniform Sale Coordinator: Melany Tekock, Natalia Milani
- MS & HS Used Uniform Sale Coordinators: Tammy Marini
- Holiday Market Coordinators: Ursula Wehner, Laura Colombo
- Santa Claus Visit to the ES Coordinator: Brunella Pignaton
- Bake Sales Coordinators: Francesca Notarbartolo, A.K.
- Focolare Bake Sales Coordinator: Brunella Pignaton
- Fall Festival Coordinators: Laura Colombo, Andrea Cameroni
- Halloween Brunch Coordinators (De Nobili): Muriel Aciman, Francesca Notarbartolo
- Sports Banquets Coordinators: Carol Switzer, Ute Panella
- ES Egg Hunt Coordinators: Francesca Notarbartolo, A.K.
ES PSC Members:
- Brunella Pignaton (1st grade, Italian section), Languages: Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, English
- Francesca Varano (3rd grade, Italian section), Languages: Italian, English
- Katya Grigorian (3rd grade, American section), Languages: Russian, English
- Muriel Aciman (4th grade, Italian section), Languages: Turkish, Italian, English, French
- Anne Kathrine Halvorsen, (4th grade, American section), Languages: Danish, English
- Francesca Notarbartolo (5th grade, American section), Languages: Italian, English, French, Spanish
- Anne Tanderup (Kindergarten), Languages: Danish, English, Italian, German
MS PSC Members:
- Janine Carlini (parent of an 8th grade girl and 6th grade boy), Languages spoken: English, Italian
- Lorenza Fiori (parent of an 7th grade boy and 8th grade boy), Languages spoken: Italian, English
- Alessandro Lo Monaco (parent of a 7th grade boy), Languages spoken: Italian, English
- Ute Panella (parent of a 7th grade boy), Languages spoken: German, English, Italian, French
- Anne Tanderup, Languages spoken: Danish, English, Italian
- Irina Svetlova (parent of 6th grade girls), Languages spoken: Russian, English, Italian
HS PSC Members:
- Muriel Aciman – Head of Committee (Turkish/Italian, son in 9th grade), Languages: Turkish, Italian, English, French)
- Tammy Hibbard – Secretary (American, son in 11th grade), Languages spoken: English, Italian
- Nancy Perdomo (American, daughter in 11th grade), Languages spoken: English, Italian
- Francesca Varano Capacci (Italian, son in 12th grade), Languages spoken: Italian, English
- Ute Panella (German/Italian, daughter in 11th grade), Languages spoken: German, Italian, English, French
- Oksana Novak (Russian, son in 12th grade), Languages spoken: Russian, English, Italian
- Vibeke Stanford (Norwegian, son in 12th grade), Languages spoken: Norwegian, English, Italian
- Hanne Wibholm Hansen (Danish, daughter in 9th grade), Languages spoken: Danish, English,
- Katja Mohr (German, son in 9th grade), Languages spoken: German, English, Italian
The mission of the PSC is to promote open communication between parents, teachers and school administrators. They do this by providing a constructive and confidential setting for parents to bring their concerns, suggestions, praise, and complaints. The PSC prioritizes issues raised, presents them the school administration, and tracks their resolution through their regular meetings.
There is a separate PSC for each division: Elementary School (ES), Middle School (MS), and High School (HS). Each of these committees is made up of a mix of parents and faculty and meets regularly with their respective school administrators to discuss topics and issues brought forth by parents.
To get involved in the PSC, please contact the relevant PSC Chairperson.
Throughout the year, the TPA organizes events and activities that promote school spirit and enhance the school environment.
- Fall Festival
Each year students celebrate Halloween with games, family fun, scary treats for all, and trick-or-treating for elementary students.
- Holiday Market
The one-day Holiday Market features unique products offered by local vendors.
- Egg Hunt
Held just before spring break each year, the Egg Hunt is a festive occasion for elementary students with crafts, games, and prizes for the whole family.
- Spring Gala
Held every two to three years, this themed event aims to raise money for specific campus development projects.
- Gently-Used Uniform Sale – Throughout the year, the TPA accepts donations of clean uniforms in good condition. These are sold at a kiosk on Opening Day and on the first Monday of each month.
- Bake Sales – Held throughout the year, these sales feature delicious homemade treats.
The Campus Life Committee’s activities focus on creating a spirit of inclusion within the school community. Activities include:
- Teacher Appreciation
The TPA coordinates parent initiatives to support teachers including teacher gifts and an annual teacher appreciation lunch for all TASIS faculty and staff.
- Room Parent Program
Each ES class has a room parent dedicated to supporting the teacher’s activities throughout the year, including the Christmas Lunch, a visit from Santa, ice cream at Field Day, frittelle at Carnevale, and help with costumes.
The Community Life Committee connects our families through on- and off-campus events and activities.
- Gite (Day Trips)
Discover hidden treasures in the villages and mountains of Ticino and in Lombardy, Italy through a gita (an outing)! Throughout the year, TASIS parents organize gite to encourage friendships between new and existing TASIS families as we learn about our beautiful local surroundings.
- TPA Lunches
Held regularly throughout the school year, these popular lunches are a great way to welcome new families and catch up with other TASIS parents.
The Booster Club supports our TASIS sports teams and assists the Athletic Director and coaches. Possibilities for parent volunteering include:
- help planning sports banquets.
- acting as team parents for specific teams.
- organizing coach appreciation gifts.
All of the exciting activities and events that the TPA does throughout the year would not be possible without a strong group of volunteer parents that make them happen. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved and help make the TPA even stronger.
Remember to follow the TPA Facebook page for more announcements and information!