TASIS Parent Association (TPA)
Current parents are members of the TASIS Parent Association (TPA).
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The TPA is committed to building a strong school community by
- fostering a spirit of inclusion and cooperation within the school community.
- promoting open communication between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
- connecting the community through social events to make all families feel welcome.
- enhancing the school environment through fundraising activities.
Run by parent volunteers, the TPA works closely with the TASIS administrative team to coordinate key programs and events throughout the year.
TPA Executive Committee:
- President: Laura Colombo
- Vice President: open position
- Treasurer: Lorenza Fiori
TPA Board Members:
- Room Parent Coordinator: Brunella Pignaton
- ES PSC Coordinator: Anne Dorthe Riis Tanderup
- MS PSC Coordinator: Irina Svetlova
- HS PSC Coordinator: Muriel Aciman
The TPA Executive Committee and TPA Board Members work together as the TPA Executive Board.
TPA Organizing Committee Members:
- Opening Day Coordinator: Laura Colombo
- Community Life Coordinators: Vittoria Marazzi, Francesca Varano
- Fall Festival Coordinator: Laura Colombo
- Teacher Appreciation Coordinators: Muriel Aciman, Francesca Notarbartolo
- Holiday Market Coordinators: Ursula Wehner, Laura Colombo
- TPA Bake Sales Coordinator: Francesca Notarbartolo
- Used Book Fair Coordinator: Enrica Nino
- TPA Cook Book Sale: Jan Stanford
- Room Parent Coordinator Hadsall/Aurora: Brunella Pignaton
- Room Parent Coordinator Focolare: Katie Schwab
- ES Used Uniform Sale Coordinator: Melany Tekock, Natalia Milani
- ES Egg Hunt Coordinators: Francesca Varano, Natalia Milani
- Santa Claus Visit to the ES Coordinator: Brunella Pignaton
- Dad's Ice Cream Party: Brunella Pignaton
Middle & High School:
- MS & HS Used Uniform Sale Coordinators: Tammy Marini
- HS Sports Banquets Coordinators: Carol Switzer, Vittoria Marazzi
- Halloween Brunch Coordinator: Francesca Notarbartolo
The mission of the PSC is to promote open communication between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
The primary objective of the PSC is to create an open dialogue between parent representatives and the School. It also is a platform for communicating families/parents feedback and common concerns and issues about academics, School events, trips, and initiatives. In this way, parents and the School administration work together on solutions for these and other issues.
There is a separate PSC for each division: Elementary School (ES), Middle School (MS), and High School (HS). Each of these committees comprises parents representing the American and Italian sections, different nationalities, multiple languages, and all grades.
Each division-level committee meets regularly with its respective School administrators to discuss and find solutions about topics and issues brought forth by parents during the school year. Each committee has a maximum of eight PSC members, including a PSC Coordinator selected by the TPA and the TASIS administration.
PSC meeting are scheduled with the faculty and the Headmaster four times per year. Each PSC Coordinator sets up meeting dates with the administration before the end of the School year.
Each PSC committee has a one hour meeting with
- ES Head, MS Academic Dean and MS Dean of Student Affairs, HS Academic Dean, HS Dean of Students, and Italian Section Coordinator (ES and MS) according to each division
- If relevant, other School leaders and employees deemed appropriate by the Headmaster
- Director of the Learning Resource Center
Each PSC Coordinator shares agenda points at least 24 hours before the meeting and minutes after the meeting with the administration for approval.
Minutes will be written in the same format for all divisions and will be added to Weekly Bulletins. PSC members communicate regularly during the year to stay aligned on the shared vision of PSC.
To get involved in the PSC, please contact the relevant PSC Coordinator or email@example.com.
|Anne Tanderup Riis - ES PSC Coordinator||Grade 1, Italian Section||Danish, English, Italian, German|
|Francesca Varano ||Grade 4, Italian section||Italian, English|
|Katya Grigorian ||Grade 4, American section||Russian, English|
|Brunella Pignaton ||Grade 2, Italian section||Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, English|
|Katie Schwab ||Grade 1 and 3, American Section||English|
|Porsia Ippolito ||Grade 1 and 5, Italian Section||Italian, some English|
|Irina Svetlova - MS PSC Coordinator ||Grade 7||Russian, English, Italian|
|Janine Carlini ||Grades 7||English, Italian|
|Lorenza Fiori ||Grades 8||Italian, English|
|Francesca Notarbartolo ||Grade 6||Italian, English, French, Spanish|
|Ute Panella||Grade 8||Languages spoken: German, English, Italian, French|
|Anne Tanderup Riis||Grade 8||Languages: Danish, English, Italian, German|
|Muriel Aciman- HS PSC Coordinator ||Grade 10||Turkish, English, Italian, French|
|Pamela Pohl||Boarding students||English|
|Ute Panella ||Grade 12||German, Italian, English, French|
|Katja Mohr ||Grade 10||German, English, Italian|
|Vittoria Marazzi||Grade 9||English, Italian|
|Lorenza Fiori ||Grades 9||Italian, English|
|Hanne Hansen ||Grade 10||Danish, English|
|Tammy Marini ||Grades 9 and 11||English, Italian|
Throughout the year, the TPA organizes events and activities that promote school spirit and enhance the School environment.
- Fall Festival
Each year students celebrate Halloween with games, family fun, scary treats for all, and trick-or-treating for Elementary students.
- Holiday Market
The one-day Holiday Market features unique products offered by local vendors.
- Egg Hunt
Held just before Spring Break each year, the Egg Hunt is a festive occasion for Elementary students with crafts, games, and prizes for the whole family.
- Spring Gala
Held every two or three years, this themed event aims to raise money for specific campus development projects.
- Teacher Appreciation Dinner
The TPA coordinates parent initiatives to support teachers, including teacher gifts and an annual teacher appreciation lunch for all TASIS faculty and staff.
Proceeds from fundraisers support the TPA and TASIS programs.
- Gently-Used Uniform Sale — Throughout the year, the TPA accepts donations of clean uniforms in good condition. These are sold on Opening Day and on the first Monday of each month.
- TPA Cook Book Sale — A collection of international recipes from TASIS parents and TASIS Chef Fabio Marrone. Copies of the cook book are available at reception for CHF 35.
The Community Life Committee connects our families through on- and off-campus events and activities.
- Gite (Day Trips)
Discover hidden treasures in the villages and mountains of Ticino and in Lombardy, Italy, through a gita (an outing)! Throughout the year, TASIS parents organize gite to encourage friendships between new and existing TASIS families as we learn about our beautiful local surroundings.
- TPA Lunches
Held regularly throughout the school year, these popular lunches are a great way to welcome new families and catch up with other TASIS parents.
Each Elementary School class has a room parent dedicated to supporting the teacher’s activities throughout the year, including the following:
- Help teachers and students with class activities throughout the year. Halloween, Christmas, Carnival, and Easter are opportunities to spend time in class decorating and doing activities.
- Help moms meet and get to know each other.
- Help new moms understand the School and surrounding area.
The Booster Club supports our TASIS sports teams and assists the Athletic Director and coaches. Possibilities for parent volunteering include the following:
- Help plan sports banquets.
- Act as team parents for specific teams.
- Organize appreciation gifts for coaches.
All of the exciting activities and events that the TPA does throughout the year would not be possible without a strong group of volunteer parents that make them happen. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved and help make the TPA even stronger.