Mens sana in corpore sano.
|Monday, October 8||ES has classes this day. (MS/HS do not have classes.) | ES Founder’s Day Assembly|
|Wednesday–Friday, October 17–19||Grade 5 overnight trip to Kandersteg, Switzerland|
|Thursday, October 18||All-ES Field Trips. Please fill out the permission form by October 11.|
|Thursday, October 25||Parent-Teacher Conferences • Palestrina, 12:30–17:30, early dismissal at 11:00|
|Friday, October 26||TPA and ES Halloween Celebration & Parades|
|Thursday, November 8||Parent Book Club • 19:00, Casa Fleming (register)|
|Friday–Sunday, November 16–18||HS Fall Play: antigone/CAESAR (reserve seats)|
Regular Shuttle Service for Es on Monday, October 8
Please take note that although there is no school for MS and HS students on Monday, October 8, this will be a regular school day for ES students. The ES shuttle service will run as usual.
Shuttle Schedule on Friday, October 12
Please note that there will be a few changes to the MS/HS shuttle schedule on Friday, October 12, as class schedules for MS and HS students have been adjusted to accommodate the start of Family Weekend. Please note the following:
- ES shuttles will depart at their usual time of 16:00.
- ES car riders will depart between 16:00–16:15 (as usual).
- Shuttles for MS and HS students will depart at 14:30.
- MS and HS car riders will depart between 14:30–14:45.
Used Uniform Sale and Drop-Off on October 12
The TPA will host a Used Uniform Sale outside Monticello on the afternoon of Friday, October 12, from 15:00–17:00. Parents are also encouraged to donate used uniforms at this time, and anyone interested in volunteering to work at this event should speak to the Used Uniform Coordinator in their child’s division or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field Trips on October 18
There are many exciting field trips planned for Thursday, October 18! Please register your child in Veracross by Thursday, October 11.
Where are our students going?
- Grade 5: Adventure in Kandersteg, Switzerland (October 17–19)
- Grade 4: Bellinzona Castles, Bellinzona
- Grade 3: Museo dei fossili di Meride, Monte San Giorgio
- Grade 2: Museo in Erba, Lugano (Children’s Museum)
- Grade 1: Explore Natural Habitats on Monte Bre, Lugano
- Kindergarten: The Five Senses Nature Walk, Origlio Lake
- Pre-K4: Autumn Sights and Smells: Scavenger Hunt, Origlio Lake
- Pre-K3: Park Treasure Hunt, Gentilino
Message from the TPA
What a great start! The TPA-sponsored coffee meetings and lunch were an amazing success. We had record-breaking attendance with more than 130 parents participating overall. Thank you for sharing your ideas, and we will incorporate as many of them as possible.
We’ve got a busy year ahead, so please mark your calendars with the TPA and holiday event dates listed on the calendar on the TPA page of the TASIS website (and see more details about some upcoming events below). We will work with the coordinators in the coming weeks to discuss event details, and you will receive more information in the Weekly Bulletins.
All TPA coordinators and members wish you a great year at TASIS.
Brunella Pignaton and Laura Colombo
Upcoming TPA events:
Mountain Trekking on Tuesday, October 9
- The TPA welcomes all parents to join them for a Monte Bre-to-Monte Boglia trek on the morning of Tuesday, October 9. From the summit (1,129 meters), the beautiful panorama opens up over the Lugano bay.
- The group will meet in the Sant’Abbondio parking lot in Gentilino at 9:30 (or at 10:00 on Monte Bre). The trek from Monte Bre to Monte Boglia takes two hours. Please bring your own lunch and water. We will return to TASIS by 15:00. Please send an email to email@example.com to confirm your attendance or ask any questions.
Book Exchange on Wednesday, October 10, during class lunch periods (11:15–13:45)
- To donate books, all students may bring books from home and deliver them to homeroom teachers starting on October 3. All donated books will be collected and displayed during the Book Exchange on October 10. All students will be invited to select up to three books to take home.
ES Halloween Lunchroom Decorating on Monday, October 22, at 8:30 AM
- We need five ES parent volunteers to decorate Hadsall and three to decorate at Focolare. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
ES Halloween Treats on Friday, October 26
- The TPA will provide candy-filled Trick-or-Treat bags for all students. TPA moms will serve Halloween-themed baked goods during lunch at Hadsall and Focolare.
- Parents should drop off baked goods at 8 AM on October 26 at Hadsall or Focolare.