Classes for the 2017–2018 Academic Year began on Monday, September 4, and TASIS opened the year with 718 students. Below are some notes about the student body.
- The Elementary School (grades Pre-Kindergarten through five) opened with 178 students, the Middle School (grades six through eight) has 123 students, and the High School (grades nine through postgraduate) has 417 students.
- 73 percent of students are returning to TASIS, and 23 percent are new to the School. (92 students graduated in May 2017.)
- 61 percent of all students in the High School are boarding students.
- 60 nationalities are represented in the student body (see complete list below).
- 35 different languages are spoken as a mother tongue (see list below).
- 108 students hold an American passport.
- The ten nationalities most represented in the TASIS student body are, in alphabetical order, American, Brazilian, British, Chinese, Italian, German, Russian, Spanish, Swiss, and Turkish.
Nations represented in the 2017–2018 TASIS student body:
|Belarus||Ireland||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
Languages spoken as a mother tongue in the 2017–2018 TASIS student body: