The TASIS Elementary School will host an Open House at Al Focolare, the School’s Early Childhood Center, on Friday, April 13, from 9:00 to 11:00. Guests are encouraged to visit Al Focolare, which is located at Via Bora da Besa 9 in Gentilino, to learn more about the TASIS Early Childhood Program, which beginning in the fall of 2018 will include an expanded Pre-Kindergarten program for students as young as age three.
Students who start at TASIS at age three will complete a two-year program designed to ensure their success when they begin Kindergarten at age five. Kindergarten and first-grade classes are also held at Al Focolare, with Elementary School students moving up the hill to the main TASIS campus (Via Collina d’Oro 15, Montagnola) for grades 2–5.
The Open House program will begin promptly at 9:00 AM and will include the following elements:
- Welcome from Christopher Nikoloff, TASIS Headmaster
- Description of the Pre-Kindergarten 3-year-old and 4-year-old programs from Carol Hinchliff, Early Childhood Coordinator
- Highlights of the TASIS Elementary School program from Theresa Cullen Hill, Head of Elementary School
- Highlights of the Italian Section from Guia Berera, Elementary School Assistant Head and Italian Section Administrator and Curriculum Coordinator
- Tour of Al Focolare facilities
- Tour of main TASIS campus
Questions about the Open House or general inquiries about TASIS may be directed to the Admissions Office at email@example.com or +41 91 960 51 51.
TASIS The American School in Switzerland
Founded in 1956 by international education pioneer M. Crist Fleming, TASIS is the oldest American boarding school in Europe. The TASIS Elementary School was added in the fall of 2005, becoming Ticino's first English-language primary school. Since its inception, the Elementary School has grown from 43 students to a vibrant international community of 180 children representing more than 25 nationalities and speaking more than 20 languages as a mother tongue.