TASIS Opens 2019–2020 Academic Year with 709 Students from 54 Nations
Posted 08/30/2019 11:49AM
Photo taken during the summer of 2019
Academic classes for the 2019–2020 Academic Year at TASIS The American School in Switzerland began on the morning of Monday, September 2. Below is a look at this year's student body by the numbers.
- The Elementary School (grades Pre-Kindergarten through five) opened with 185 students, the Middle School (grades six through eight) with 120 students, and the High School (grades nine through postgraduate) with 407 students.
- 193 students are new to TASIS.
- 516 students are returning to the School, representing a strong retention rate of 85% percent.
- The Class of 2020 is larger than last year's graduating class (111 compared to 103).
- 51% percent of all Middle School and High School students reside in dormitories on campus.
- 54 nationalities are represented in the student body (see the full list below).
- 36 different languages are spoken as a mother tongue (see the full list below).
- The ten nations most represented in the TASIS student body are, in alphabetical order, Brazil, China, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Jordan, Luxembourg, and Saudi Arabia are new nations represented in this year's student body.
|Brazil||Japan||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Czech Republic||Malta||United Kingdom|
Languages spoken as a mother tongue